The winners were selected after three days of intensive tasting by a panel of expert judges from around the nation, led by head judge Ollie Margan.
Margan, the owner behind one of Australia’s best bars, Maybe Mae emphasised the quality of entries received.
“The Australian distilling industry is one of the most diverse in the world and the Tasting Australia Spirit Awards recognises that ingenuity and energy,” said Mr Margan.
“For the first time, we saw entries from the Northern Territory as well as an increase in entries from New South Wales, Western Australia, Tasmania and Queensland. It is great to see the distilling industry nationally really getting behind the awards and producing and submitting such unique spirits.”
Director of Tasting Australia Spirit Awards presenting partner Master Cask, Darren Lange also featured on this year’s judging panel.
“Master Cask are proud to partner with Tasting Australia for the fifth annual Spirit Awards,” said Mr Lange.
“It is wonderful to see the evolution of products submitted each year– well done to all the distillers involved.”
This year, 278 medals were given out including 45 gold medals, 135 silver medals, 84 bronze medals
- Best Vodka: FNQ Spirits, Croc Vodka, Queensland
- Premier’s Gin Award: Prohibition Liquor Co., Prohibition Liquor Co. Original Gin, South Australia
- Best Distiller: Fleurieu Distillery, Never A Dull Moment and Country To Coast #3, South Australia
- Innovation Award: Fleurieu Distillery, Country To Coast #3, South Australia
- Best Small Batch Spirit: Union Brewery & Distillery Fremantle, Bellwether Single Malt Whisky Release 9, Western Australia
- Best Whisky: Fleurieu Distillery, Country To Coast #3, South Australia
- Best Gin: Prohibition Liquor Co., Prohibition Liquor Co. Original Gin, South Australia
- Best Rum: Bundaberg Distilling Company, Bundaberg Rum : Master Distillers’ Collection – Solera, Queensland
- Best Brandy: St Agnes Distillery, St Agnes XO 20 YO Imperial, South Australia
- Best Liqueur: Southern Wild Distillery, Dasher + Fisher Raspberry Gin, Tasmania
- Best Small Cask Maturation: Spring Bay Distillery, Single Malt Whisky ex-Apera Cask 46%, Tasmania
See the full List of winners > Click Here
See the full article on Tasting Australia > Click Here